Saturday, February 15, 2014

Annalyse- third and final labor!

Let me start by saying this labor was how I've always wanted to have a baby but never did.
I woke up around 1:15 am for a normal potty call, and having more than normal preasure.
Went back to bed, but woke up an hour later (thinking it was morning.) went to the bathroom this time, and noticed I couldn't stop peeing. Aka I was leaking amniotic fluid. Called my doula. She said try and go back to bed. About 30 mins later the contractions started. 11 mins apart, but were painful. I laid in bed with my hubby and would fall asleep in between contractions.
We laid there until about 5-6am. Then I changed to rocking on the yoga ball. It must have worked because my contractions changed fast to 3 mins apart and intensifying. By 8am I was ready to leave, and needed to fast. My husband was cooking breakfast for the girls. I told him firmly, we must leave now for hospital. my sister and my mom were helping me.(but thankfully I was smart and had him cook me some eggs around 2 am so I wasn't on an empty stomach for labor.) it takes 45 mins to get to the hospital. By the time we got there I was feeling the urge to push in the elevator. But I made it to L&D climbed in the bed. The dr checked me I was at an 8 and 100% effaced at 9am. 5 mins and two contractions later. I was at 10 cm and pushing. She was born at 9:17am, beautiful and perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is made for my family and filled with memories for a lifetime. I will accept all comments that are positive, but any negative comments will not be shown.