Friday, May 23, 2014

Summer is here! Need a healthy smoothie?

Most fruits and veggies I buy at costco or whole foods: all organic 
I've got you covered if your looking for a healthy smoothie. This is something I make year round, every day for the past 2 years. I have perfected the recipe over the years, but it's safe to say I put all the right stuff for a healthy immunity and yummy taste!


 I've recently shared my recipe with other friends and they love it!
I start blending my smoothies with:
1 cup yogurt (8ounces of amasai from "beyond organic")
1/2-1 bottle of turmeric or 12oz. Of water
1-2 bananas 
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
Then add frozen organic veggies/fruit in: ( I wing it on amount)
1/4 cup each:
Spinach
Collard greens
Kale
Peas
Asparagus
( sometimes a couple carrots fresh if I have them)
Then fruit:
1/4-1/2 cup depending on how sweet you want them again frozen:
Blueberries
Cherries
Peaches
Rasperries
Strawberrys
( I use more like 1/2 blueberries because I like my smoothies to not be green for kiddos) 
You can choose a little of all or some and not others. I would just encourage you to use same amount veggies to fruit.
Then I top all my smoothies off with a touch of honey or agave syrup.
I always make sure to put dark berries in it to cover up the green color for picky eaters. ;)
FYI this makes enough smoothie for 4-6 people. I use a vitamix blender, but you can use any blender. 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is made for my family and filled with memories for a lifetime. I will accept all comments that are positive, but any negative comments will not be shown.