Monday, October 21, 2013

Ways to boost your immune system this fall



Pomegranate

When put in the your diet it helps with weight reduction and cholesterol controlling programs. It boosts immunity, improves circulation, and offers protection from cancers. The fruit is an also a good source of antioxidant vitamin-C, Consumption of fruits rich in vitamin C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents by boosting immunity.

My girls especially love eating this fruit. It can be challenging to peel. But if you do peel it in a bowl of water. The seeds you eat fall to the bottom and the membranes you don't eat float to the top.

Try to buy one firm, and rich in colors. Don't pick one at the store with any mold in the core area, or bruising.



Echinacea

An herb that has been found to boost the immune system. Medical research has shown it to be safe and effective in decreasing the frequency, duration, and severity of common illnesses such as ear and sinus infections, colds, and the flu. If you or your child is experiencing an unsual number of these illnesses, i suggest you try this remedy. My girls get a tsp of this every day in their OJ each morning.

"Green foods"

Last but not least my favorite, because my girls love fruit, but not so much veggies I give a scoop of this every morning in their juice. Taste great they tell me.  For kiddos:
For adults: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is made for my family and filled with memories for a lifetime. I will accept all comments that are positive, but any negative comments will not be shown.