Thursday, July 24, 2014

Turmeric and ginger benefits

I have to say the first time I tried turmeric I was caught off guard by the strong taste. So, with that said please know that  a little bit of it go's a long way! 
 In the above picture shows how I wash, peel, and cut up my turmeric and ginger. I then place it all in a freezer bag and place in my freezer. It looks like cut up carrots, but doesn't taste like a carrots that's for sure! Also, I'll prepare you for the orange hands that follow with handling turmeric 


Now let me get to why I wanted to do a post on turmeric and ginger. They have amazing benefits to your body. 
Turmeric is in the "ginger family" which is why I thought i'd blog about both of them. It's great to add to your diet especially if you have: inflammation, fighting cancer, Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, diabetes, or even allergies. I list only a few benefits their are more!
Here is what it looks like when you buy fresh in the store. I buy it organic at whole foods, for less then a dollar i can get 2-3 pieces of it!
Or there is also the powder form: which in my opinion isn't near as beneficial because it's boiled, then dried in a hot oven. But I still buy the dried to have on hand, when it's out of stock in stores. 
The nutritional value is wonderful including: 
Iron
Magnesium
 Vitamin B-6
Calcium
Potassium  

Ginger

You might know its great to eat for upset stomach, but did you know it's also great for muscle aches, arthritis, cancer, upper respiratory issues.
I love ginger it has a strong great taste. My husband likes to add it to some club soda, and I like to add a little bit of ginger and turmeric to our daily smoothie. 
You can find my recipe here:
http://whitehousejourney.blogspot.com/2014/05/summer-is-almost-here-need-healthy.html
I hope you find it helpful!

Also next week I will be blogging about the water bottles we use, and storage containers. So look back next week 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is made for my family and filled with memories for a lifetime. I will accept all comments that are positive, but any negative comments will not be shown.